Warranty Statement – Smart Door Locks Australia PTY LTD
In Australia, our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Smart Door Locks Australia (ABN 12 649 406 897) trading as Smart Door Locks provides the following warranty in relation to its SmartDoorLocks branded products. The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting, or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted, or modified.
Smart Door Locks also warrants that each of its SmartDoorLocks branded Smart Locks with which this document is given will be free of defects in material and workmanship (including mechanical parts) for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase of the product, subject to the limitations and exclusions set out below ("warranty").
1. Any claim for warranty must be made, by contacting Smart Door Locks, at the earliest stage that the defect becomes obvious to enable prompt action and to avoid further damage and must be made no later than 1 month from the defect/date of repair becoming obvious.
2. Any warranty claim must be accompanied by appropriate documentation which stipulates the invoice number, the purchaser’s name and address, and the alleged defect.
3. The purchaser must make the Product or workmanship available to Smart Door Locks for inspection and testing. If Smart Door Locks finds no fault in the Product or its workmanship, then the purchaser must pay Smart Door Locks usual costs of service work, inspection, and testing.
4. If a defect covered by warranty appears before the end of the Warranty Period, then Smart Door Locks will, in its sole discretion, either:
a. Replace the Product with the same or (if the same product is no longer available) the closest similar SmartDoorLocks branded product; or
b. Repair the Product or the defective part of the product free of charge; or
c. Refund the price of the Product.
5. Smart Door Locks reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Product with parts and components of similar quality, grade, and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
6. Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the Products.
The warranty does not apply to:
1. SmartDoorLocks branded products which have been improperly installed or fitted or for which the SmartDoorLocks installation and fitting instructions have not been followed;
2. SmartDoorLocks branded products with which batteries other than those specified by SmartDoorLocks have been used;
3. SmartDoorLocks branded products which have been used in a way or manner not within the scope and limitations of the technical and other specifications for the products published from time to time by SmartDoorLocks;
4. SmartDoorLocks branded products which are made using components or specifications provided or requested by someone other than SmartDoorLocks;
5. Fair wear and tear;
6. SmartDoorLocks branded products which have been modified or repaired without the written authorisation of SmartDoorLocks;
7. SmartDoorLocks branded products with which substitute or replacement parts, other than genuine SmartDoorLocks parts, have been used;
8. SmartDoorLocks branded products which have been subject to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect or damage;
9. Any damage caused by the fault of a battery leak or leakages in the digital lock to cause the lock to corrode and fail.
10. Defects or deterioration caused to SmartDoorLocks branded products from being exposed to corrosives, including (without limitation) vapours, chemicals, abrasive compounds, contamination, pollution, coastal air, salt spray, high humidity;
11. SmartDoorLocks branded products which are not new when purchased by the original purchaser;
12. Anyone other than the original purchasers of new SmartDoorLocks branded products;
13. SmartDoorLocks branded products which are sold by SmartDoorLocks or other resellers of SmartDoorLocks as factory seconds;
14. SmartDoorLocks branded products which have had any of the brands, marks, patented plates, numbers or other information of SmartDoorLocks on the product defaced or removed;
15. The removal, re-fitment or replacement of SmartDoorLocks branded products or associated charges;
16. The personal injury, property damage direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, howsoever caused;
17. Damage caused by circumstances beyond Smart Door Lock's control.
1. Smart Door Locks makes no express warranties or representations other than those set out in this warranty.
2. Smart Door Locks reserves the right to alter product specifications and introduce improvements at any time.